Industrial Controls is one of New Zealand's foremost electrical automation companies. We are based in Timaru and have a wide range of clients with manufacturing sites throughout the South Island. Through our commitment to delivering outstanding quality to our clients we have developed an excellent reputation for excellence, service and innovation. We are always interested in talking with people who have the ability and attitude to meet our clients needs.
Most importantly, the qualities we are seeking are:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to excellence in individual and the team's work
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to think innovatively
- Good written communication skills
- A strong desire to learn new skills and apply them
- Good practical problem-solving ability
We are able to offer:
- Excellent lifestyle opportunities with lower cost of living combined with above average remuneration
- Effective management support
- Excellent opportunities for training and skills development
- Live in an attractive location suited to outdoor recreational pursuits, family life and community involvement
Installation and Maintenance Team
Experienced industrial electricians with the ability to perform work of a skilled nature demanding a high degree of manual and technical competency and the commitment and attitude necessary to provide excellent service to our clients.
Electrical Engineering Team
Specialists in industrial electrical engineering who will effectively contribute to the engineering and design team, so that customer satisfaction, staff motivation and profitability are maximised. This will involve effective hands-on management of multiple projects and the development and implementation of project plans to design, build, install and commission electrical services. This role will require strong leadership and management ability, and the ability to cost projects and provide quotes to customers.
Automation Engineering Team
The automation engineering team play an active hands-on role providing specialised industrial process automation services across a diverse range of process and manufacturing industries. These roles include liaising with the client to develop process functional descriptions, PLC programming, HMI design and programming, design of control strategies, plant data collection and database maintenance, costing projects and providing quotes to customers. These positions are ideally suited to an Electrical/Automation/Control Engineer, or a Process Engineer with an interest in process software development. A Computer Science graduate would also be suitable for this work, but must have a keen interest in automation as PLC programming and HMI development are a core part of the job.
Please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org